The Authority has a Technical Coordinating Committee (TCC) to provide advice on technical matters that come before the Authority, such as:
- Review and comment on project design, scope and schedules
- Development of priority transportation improvement lists for submittal to the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC)
- Review and comment on the Authority's Strategic Plan
- Review and comment on the Authority's Congestion Management Program
- Review of the regional Action Plans and proposed merging of the Action Plans for the Countywide Transportation Plan
- Review and comment on the Growth Management Plan Implementation Documents
The TCC also acts as the primary technical liaison between the Authority and the Regional Transportation Planning Committees.
The Technical Coordinating Committee consists of 24 technical staff members appointed as follows:
- Three each from SWAT, TRANSPAC, TRANSPLAN and WCCTAC (Contra Costa's Regional Transportation Planning Committees)
- Three from the Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors
- One each from BART, the Authority, AC Transit, Tri Delta Transit and WestCAT
- One from the City-County Engineering Advisory Committee
- One ex-officio member each from Caltrans, MTC and the Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD)
The Technical Coordinating Committee meets on the third Thursday of each month at 2:30 p.m. at the offices of the Contra Costa Transportation Authority, 2999 Oak Road, Suite 110 (Board Room), Walnut Creek, CA.
- Meeting Cancellation 12/19/13 [PDF-382 KB]
- Meeting Cancellation 11/21/13
- Meeting Agenda 10/17/13
- Meeting Cancellation 09/19/2013 [PDF-467 KB]
- Meeting Agenda 08/15/13
- Meeting Cancellation 7/18/13
- Meeting Agenda 06/20/13
- Special Meeting Agenda 05/23/13
- Meeting Agenda 05/16/13
- Meeting Agenda 04/18/13
- Meeting Agenda 03/21/13
- Meeting Agenda 02/27/13
- Meeting Agenda 02/21/13
- Meeting Agenda 01/17/13
The Paratransit Coordinating Council (PCC) serves in an advisory capacity to the Contra Costa Transportation Authority on issues related to the provision of a comprehensive, customer-oriented, and cost-effective transit system serving seniors and persons with disabilities in Contra Costa County. PCC responsibilities include review and prioritization of paratransit funding applications; providing a forum for paratransit stakeholders to discuss issues of mutual interest and to assist in the resolution of concerns; promoting the development and coordination of a comprehensive, integrated paratransit system.
The PCC is made up of twenty-six (26) members, as follows:
- Nine (9) paratransit users (three from each of the western, central, and eastern parts of the County)
- Five (5) representatives from public transit operators that provide paratransit service:
- County Connection
- AC Transit
- Four (4) representatives from cities that provide paratransit service:
- El Cerrito
- San Pablo
- Six (6) representatives from agencies that provide social services to seniors and persons with disabilities
- Two (2) representatives from funding agencies
The Paratransit Coordinating Council meetings are held on the third Monday of every other month, at 2:00 p.m. at the offices of the Contra Costa Transportation Authority, 2999 Oak Road, Suite 110 (Board Room), Walnut Creek, CA. 94597
- Meeting Cancellation 11/18/13 [PDF-310 KB]
- Meeting Agenda 9/16/13
- Meeting Cancellation 7/15/13
- Meeting Agenda 5/20/13
- Meeting Agenda 3/18/13
- Meeting Agenda 1/28/13
- Meeting Agenda 11/19/12
The BTCC is comprised of the General Managers (or their designee) of the eligible recipients of Measure C/J funds (AC Transit, County Connection, WestCAT, and Tri Delta Transit) and an ex-officio representative from BART.
The BTCC's primary responsibility is to review projects submitted for funding from the Measure's Bus Transit Improvement and Coordination Program.
The purpose of the Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) is to provide citizen perspective, participation and involvement in Authority policy development and implementation.
The Citizens Advisory Committee meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month, at 6:00 p.m., at the Contra Costa Transportation Authority, 2999 Oak Road, Suite 110 (Board Room), Walnut Creek, CA 94597
|Jeff Belle||City of Antioch||Mark Roberts||City of Orinda|
|Stephen Smith, Chair||City of Brentwood||Dave Kurrent||City of Pinole|
|Vacant||City of Clayton||Larry Wirick||City of Pittsburg|
|Robert Barnes||City of Concord||Brian Junginger||City of Pleasant Hill|
|Jeff Altman||Contra Costa County||Tony Sustak||City of Richmond|
|Alesia Strauch||Town of Danville||Vacant||City of San Pablo|
|Pamela Stewart-Wagner||City of El Cerrito||Linda Mannina, Vice Chair||City of San Ramon|
|Ludwik Bednarz||City of Hercules||Brian Krcelic||City of Walnut Creek|
|Yolanda Vega||City of Lafayette||Sally Germain||League of Women Voters of Diablo Valley|
|Richard Evans||City of Martinez||
|Russell Driver||Town of Moraga|
|Michael Dupray||City of Oakley
- Meeting Agenda 12/11/13
- Meeting Agenda 10/23/13
- Meeting Agenda 09/25/13
- Meeting Agenda 07/24/13
- Meeting Agenda 06/26/13
- Meeting Agenda 05/22/13
- Cancellation Notice 04/24/13 [PDF-91 KB]
- Cancellation Notice 03/27/13 [PDF-91 KB]
- Meeting Agenda 02/27/13
- Meeting Agenda 01/23/13
The purpose of the CBPAC is to advise the Authority on bicycle and pedestrian issues and to help the Authority carry out its responsibilities as a sales tax and congestion management agency. Its responsibilities include overseeing updates of the Countywide Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan, reviewing applications for various bicycle and pedestrian funding programs, and addressing other bicycle or pedestrian issues facing the Authority, Contra Costa and the region.
The CBPAC is made up of 13 members, who are appointed by the following agencies and organizations:
- One citizen and one staff person, plus one alternate, appointed by each Regional Transportation Planning Committee (RTPC).
- Two staff people, plus one alternate, appointed by Contra Costa County.
- One staff person, plus one alternate, appointed by the East Bay Regional Park District.
- One person, plus one alternate, appointed by the East Bay Bicycle Coalition.
- One person, plus one alternate, appointed by the City-County Engineers Advisory Committee.
The CBPAC meets the fourth Monday of every other month at 11:00 a.m., at the offices of the Contra Costa Transportation Authority, 2999 Oak Road, Suite 100 (Board Room), Walnut Creek, CA 94597.
- Meeting Cancellation 09/23/13 [PDF-472 KB]
- Meeting Cancellation 07/22/13 [PDF-472 KB]
- Meeting Agenda 05/20/13 [PDF-480 KB]
- Meeting Agenda 04/29/13 [PDF-577 KB]
- Meeting Agenda 01/28/13 [PDF-10.6 MB]
STA/Authority Joint Meetings
Solano Transportation Authority (STA) and Contra Costa Transportation Authority (Authority) meet periodically, to coordinate on transportation projects of mutual interest and benefit for both Contra Costa and Solano counties.
These meetings are scheduled as needed, and a time and place convenient for meeting attendees.
To help develop the PDA Investment and Growth Strategy required as part of MTC's OneBayArea Grant (OBAG) program, the Authority has established the PDA / OBAG Working Group. This group was established to advise the Authority on how best to define a priority-setting process for selecting projects for OBAG funding. It is composed of a mix of local staff and members of groups with expertise or interest in the development of Priority Development Areas (PDAs) in Contra Costa.
The Working Group has two meetings scheduled to advise Authority staff on preparing the PDA Strategy.
- Meeting Agenda 05/13/2013 [PDF-648 KB]
- Meeting Agenda 03/11/2013 [PDF-615 KB]
- Meeting Agenda 02/26/2013 [PDF-624 KB]
- Meeting Agenda 02/11/2013 [PDF-606 KB]
- Meeting Agenda 01/25/2013 [PDF-1.1 MB]
- PowerPoint Presentation from 01/25/2013 meeting [PPTX - 3 MB]
- PowerPoint Presentation from 01/25/2013 meeting [PDF - 223 KB]
Directions to Authority Offices
Map and directions to Contra Costa Transportation Authority offices.